thank you for your interest in booking with me
My books are currently: closed
WHEN MY BOOKS OPEN I WILL BE BOOKING FOR: fall-winter 2018
at that time i will only be accepting emails between september 1st through 11th
My average response time to emails is: 3-7 days
My hours are:
tuesday by appointment
WHEN SENDING AN E-MAIL PLEASE INCLUDE:
Your name and phone number.
Detailed description of your tattoo design.
Pictures of tattoos or artwork you like, as inspiration for the artist to use and understand your vision.
Place on the body and requested size.
If you live outside the Minneapolis area and travel is a concern to you, please include your availability and where you are travelling from.
Preferable tattooing date / availability in case you are not flexible.
I focus on realism, abstract realism, and other various painterly styles from beautiful to grotesque. I do not do line work style tattoos (mandalas, lettering of paragraph degrees, lace and so forth). There are others tattooers that focus on this style. Please do not be offended if I suggest another tattooer for your piece. I'm happy to point the appropriate direction if I feel something is not my fit for me!
If you feel the need to be overly controlling about every detail and/or do not have patience, you will compromise the integrity of your tattoo. So please be honest with yourself before setting up an appointment with me on whether or not I am right for you.
My clients need to have patience and trust with me. If you’re looking at my portfolio and see something you like, it's because my clients relaxed, let go, and trusted me. In return I did the best job I could.
Good tattoos take time!
- My work days are Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays from 12 am to 8 pm.
- We take deposits at the time of the consult. Deposits are due before any drawings or apts are made. Deposits are non refundable and non transferable.
- No-shows are a huge bummer! In the event of a no-show, deposits are forfeited and go towards the chair time. In order to get back on the books with me after a no-show, a new deposit must be paid in addition to half the cost of the session missed.
- Deposits also come off the price of the tattoo on the last session.
- Please beware the deposit goes towards the design we consulted. Please be sure of your ideas before setting a consult appointment! There is no charge for drawing time unless you change your mind on your idea.
- My rates are $150 an hour for sessional tattoos and $175 for one and done.
- I am booking roughly 9 months out.
- Cash is preferred please.
- Deposits for small tattoos are $50. Deposits on larger (more than 2 hours) are $100 minimum.
Unfortunately I have a no friend policy due to prior misbehavior which means you should get your fill of moral support before you come in!!
My philosophy on tattoos as the artist:
Tattoos are a very personal journey for everyone, and everyone has different needs from their tattooer.
To give you the best tattoo I possibly can I take my time and fully immerse myself into each and every piece I do no matter how big or how small. I take more prepping and forethought than a normal tattooer to get your piece ready because I analyze every angle to see how I can to make it better! For me, tattooing is mostly thinking. This is why changing/adding ideas midstream is very difficult for me.
When it comes to the actual tattoo itself, I take my time and dive in fully!! I do everything I can think of to make it breathtaking. I have been tattooing for 16 years now, and apply my knowledge and experience to every piece. Composition, color theories, contrast, and limitations respectable to the aging process are all key factors for me to think about with every piece. Please note that I tattoo like an oil painter with everything in layers and with patience.
Dense high saturation like color realism and cover ups take a second sitting-- generally much shorter. This is a fine tuning pass. These differ from a touch up. Touch ups are for technical errors like not getting in a solid line. Fine tuning passes are for purer saturation because the skin cannot take intense saturation in one sitting without getting damaged. During a fine tuning, we may also make any other adjustments that are needed like contrast.
Additionally I offer Lidocaine (a numbing agent), but to use it I require a minimum of a $20 donation to any anti-poaching foundation and 100% of your donation goes the to foundation. So far I have been able to raise over $1,500 to help save the animals! Please note that I do not take cash for this. I encourage you to do your donations online directly with a foundation of your choice. -just send me a copy of your donation receipt! (Please do not send credit card info-just donation amount and who the foundation is). I have tons of suggestions if you need any!!
So if your ready for a kick ass journey then let's gets started!!